Artificial intelligence (AI) is transforming medical practises. AI in Healthcare is still challenging and growing. AI applications are expanding into areas that were previously thought to be only the domain of human experts, thanks to recent advances in digitised data acquisition, machine learning, and computing infrastructure.
AI in healthcare has the potential to help healthcare providers in many areas of patient care and administrative procedures, allowing them to improve on existing solutions and tackle problems more quickly. The majority of AI and healthcare technologies are highly relevant to the healthcare field, but the tactics they support can differ significantly between hospitals and other healthcare organisations.
- The natural language processing capabilities of the Generative Pre-training Transformer 3 (GPT-3)
- The use of Reinforcement Learning (RL) in robotics and control systems.
- The ability of self-supervised learning to learn from large amounts of unlabeled data.
- Deep learning for computer vision and image processing.
Technical challenges of AI in Healthcare development
Despite AI in Healthcare promises to transform medical diagnosis and treatments, there are still many technical obstacles to overcome.
As machine learning depends on large amount of high quality of data and it is important to take care to gather data that is representative of the intended patient population.
Collecting, storing and sharing EHRs and other important and sensitive data is still a challenge through such computational environment.
Despite the fact that these models can outperform humans.Several high-performing machine-learning models produce results that are difficult for humans to interpret.
Benefits of AI in Healthcare
- Radiology, Pathology, ophthalmology, dermatology rely on Image-based diagnosis.
- Machine learning for Biomarker discovery.
- Inferring health status through wearable devices.
- Clinical outcome prediction and patient monitoring.
- Autonomous robotic surgery.
At the moment, automated medical-image diagnosis is arguably the most advanced medical AI applications, are the most successful domain. Many medical specialties, such as radiology, ophthalmology, and dermatology, are represented. Image-based diagnoses are used in radiology and pathology.
resoure : Review on article on Artificial intelligence in healthcare